Saturday, January 24, 2009

He just flew in from Camden Maine.....

OK...something new has happened to Squiggee....I have been designing and painting needlepoint for over 36 years...I have painted almost everything once, from soup to nuts...lol...I have seen my designs worked and finished ...it is always a thrill....but alas... I have never surrounded myself with needlepoint in my house or studio...other than snaps..... when I decided to work some models myself...as I can't keep asking, my friends to help continually...no one like a pest....
I truly never thought that this would happen....but it has and I might just need therapy....
Two days ago , a box arrived from my wonderful finisher in Camden Maine ..The Stitchery...I have her link on this page....when I opened the box and pulled him out something snapped ....I was in love with my own creation....yes...Squiggee has finally gone insane....I love him...to hold ...to look at...I think he is too cute ...now maybe , I will come to my senses, and I am under some narcotic spell...I designed him ?...worked him? ...but !!!!! I think it is because ,this is the first actual stuffed crab I have seen in person and being A Cancer , born in July, I have always loved crabs.....but wait a minute, that is not all............I am carried away with my own self as being so clever...this soooooooooooooooooooo not me...I am a working artist, that just gets on with it and has been making a living at designing since I finished college....I think this has been building...Judy Harper did a wonderful job on my Peacock Rollie .... when he can back from the finisher, I was thrilled....... thrilled, that he would sell ,after people saw how nice he had turned out...Pat sent me her Squiggee birds for a photo shoot ....I was really pleased at how they looked all finished........ bit by bit, as the Squiggee comes back from the finisher ,I have been more excited...but I have definitely gone into uncharted territory with my little stuffed crab....I am have to watch myself....anyway...this gives me a little insight, into what makes stitchers tick...why so may projects...it is the excitement of seeing the finished product...............oh dear......scary....
anyway I have to go now and make sure my stuffed crab is safe...lol.....imagine he has been worked to be on display...where total strangers will fondle him......I wonder how much a small locked glass case will cost...

5 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

LOL you are, indeed, a quick study. I don't own a piece of stitched needlepoint either, as designing is the big thing with me too. My little models go into a box in the garage - maybe I'll send them to a finisher and get a second look. I could use some euphoria right now. LOVE what you did on that crab.

M&Co. said...

You crab is wonderful, Gail!

Most of the stuff I stitch goes elsewhere. I stitch it, am usually happy with it, have it finished and it goes to someone else. Some stuff, I just stitch and then put in the box to be finished later; like when I need a gift or something for someone.

Great job though, especially for someone who calls herself a non-stitcher.

Cyn said...

Hi Gail,

LOL!!!

You are not a non-stitcher, you are a real stitcher! :-)

Yes, that's why we stitch though I have to admit I get a big thrill once I finish stitching a project and not necessarily as big a thrill when the project is completed by the finisher. Maybe that's why I haven't had finished a lot of the projects that I've finished stitching. That's one of my goals for this year. :-)

Glad you are having lot's of fun with your crab. Love those little guys though I'm more partial to a blue crab shape. I keep wanting to mentally add legs to their legs. Hmmm... might have to stitch one to see if I can get past that! LOL!!!

Cynthia
Windy Meadow

NCPat said...

Another one is hooked! He is just darling--both the stitching and the finishing!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

He is so cute! You are right to be proud, Gail. You need a clear acrylic box to take him to shows in. One that comes with a BIG padlock because everyone will want to fondle him.