Saturday, January 10, 2009

Squiggee is Stitching..The Moon is Green Cheese!

OK ...here we go...no need to buy fancy fibers....all the Squiggee I work can be worked in DMC cotton Floss...( using metallic as an accent...and other embellishments...that Squiggee is so fond of). .... you can find DMC Floss /Perle Cotton at your local craft store.....it is cheap and has an amazing range of colors and any stitch guides I will offer stitched by Squiggee ,will always list the comparable DMC Floss for any fancy dancy fiber, that I might use...I have friends in the business that have sent me lovely fibers and as this is all new to me , I am experimenting with them and try I use them when they fit..but I rely on DMC Floss for the bulk of my fiber ...I am in a remote rural area and there are no fancy needlepoint shops, so anything unusual I have to order...and sometimes the pocketbook and time, is a factor ...I have a color chart and can list the colors and amounts ....and my sweet husband will make a DMC run...lol...
so with that said.....this is what I am up to on the new round iris....so far ....I like to keep it simple , only adding a stitch when it ads to the design.......the colors and design dictate all...


5 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

I knew you could do it - a fabulous tutorial!!! Well done, Squiggee!

Anne Stradal said...

My DMC color card is one of my closest friends!! And Trio is right up there in my top 10 list, too. Lovely colors there, and the swirl of the flowers is very cool.

Anonymous said...

You're doing a beautiful job, Gail! Love the colors of this pretty new canvas.

NCPat said...

Happy dancing for you here in the Mountains!! I knew you could do it, and it is just gogeous!

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Look at that--Gail's got a needle!

I think you underrate your needle skills myself. Regardless, any designer who needlepoints understands better what stitchers need in a painted canvas and I applaud you for doing more stitching.