Sunday, March 1, 2009

"MAMA'S CHICKENS ARE COMING HOME"..!!!!!!!

As most of you already know, I began creating hand painted needlepoint canvases back in the early 70's , when I finished college.
I would like to thank the following people....

First and foremost, Mrs. Chase, the owner of the American Needlepoint Center, who gave me my first job.
Mrs. Catherine Cox, manager of the ANC, who gave me my first crack ,at creating a custom canvas.
Mrs. Bentziger, who taught me to stitch paint the canvas.
Cherie Cannon, who has always bee a loyal friend , and avid fan.
Carol Jobe, a dear friend , always working hard to promote my work.
Hyla Hurley Sandoz, for her encouragement.
and
Lastly..
Judy Harper , a fellow artist and designer, who's continuous support and love of the well painted canvas , has reinforced my new direction.

When I began freelancing in 1980, I painted under a couple of monikers..("Festival Designs" and " by Gail").I began Squiggee Designs in 2005, for my own enjoyment. I never realized that so many designs would pop out of my fertile imagination.
Well, folks , all of " Mama's Chickens, are coming home to roost.

I'll be launching a new endeavor ,that encompasses all my painted canvases under a new marketing strategy. Of course, that makes me Queen of my own domain...lol...
stay tuned for further details.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rose's Blog Links: is a free service that lets you add your blog link to multiple blog sites with no cost to you. By adding one small Banner to you site blog links will be one click away and your visitors can add their link from your blog. Rose's Blog Links: We will do all the work.

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Many good wishes are pouring from Chilly Hollow, Gail!

Jane, waiting eagerly to see what Squiggee does next

Possibilities, Etc. said...

As always, the slide show is mesmerizing - and I'm excited for you too!! Love those Santas and also the flower fairy.

Denise & Linda said...

Hi Gail,

Looking forward to seeing what's next! I love jumping over here to see what fun you've gotten up to! I will be staying tuned!

Denise