Sunday, July 12, 2009

The Acorn and The Tree....

Today being my 59th Birthday, always makes me take stock and I always think of my Dad.
I lost him way too early. I was a little shy of five years old. He was a big six foot five Irishmen,
born in Brooklyn New York in 1922. He was a charmer by all accounts, with a smile that could melt your heart and a laugh that would fill the room. I remember thinking he was was the most amazing Dad, and when he picked me up , it always felt like I was flying up towards the clouds.
Growing up, my mother always said , she could close her eyes and hear his voice when I talked and laughed, I had his personality , movements and laugh. I have always been a happy person and have a love of people and laugh all the time. I enjoy life on the whole and am a person that sees the glass half full ,always.....I also have his Irish temper, swift to flare , but over in a flash.
This is one of my most precious items..this wonderful photo of my Dad and I . Today , I think of how lucky I was to inherit such great charter quirks from this wonderful man, that I still miss and carry in my heart .....

3 comments:

Judy said...

Happy Birthday! I enjoy your work and your blog!

NCPat said...

Happy Birthday to you! What a great photo!

M&Co. said...

Happy Birthday, Gail!