Wednesday, April 7, 2010

We Are Cooking With Gas !

Have you ever spent two solid days working on websites......especially when you are behind in all your other work.....when it rains it pours....
I added another website to my business, and as I do all the work myself...I just rent the space from yahoo....when I run into trouble, I need help.....
Actually Yahoo is pretty good....this was my first big bugger up, since I started using Yahoo in 2006....The tech said it wasn't my fault...I might have missed a java script update or just a cyber blip...who knows...but you can't argue with the computer...the computer always wins...
The whole point is to have both websites and the two blogs...mine and MR. SQUIGGEE'S all linked together and running smoothly...I have also added some artist info, slide shows and even managed some other slick stuff...after all I spent a good part of Monday with a tech at yahoo, when my drives used to run my websites went crazy....I had to un-install all the java script updates which took forever and re-install everything that took forever ...and then download all my files and re-post from day one...which took hours....in between , the tech and I had a great time talking and he was a well of information....stupid me , I had been adding slide shows correctly all this time but when I couldn't see it on the page..I would delete it and figure i was was missing a step...well daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah...I had to publish it to the site before it would show up....the one step I was missing....
and during all this.... since yahoo stores ever single entry and page design from day one, I got a chance to look at early days , when I first started to design my website...awful was all that came to mind...and that was being kind...
It is always very satisfying to see that you are making progress...
it has been all bumbling along on my own, trail and error...the only thing I have going for me is that I am stubborn...and every time I don't have to chase down a web-master and pay him or her a big chunk of money, I feel great....
So take a look at the sites, and just remember I am not an expert...... just cheap...lol...

I recommend Yahoo in the extreme....It cost me $13.95 per month per web-site....yippppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!...you get 24 hr tech support, your own domain,emails and even templates to set up a site or the option of doing it all yourself...(that's me)

No comments: