Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Squiggee has Heart

While looking for some a design I came across this heart I designed years ago , in the beginning days of Squiggee Designs....I thought it should go into the wholesale line and will be seen at the Columbus TNNA...the canvas is called "Heart of Hearts". I added these wonderful brass heart charms...they were perfect...just the right touch to add a little interest, but not take over. The heart isn't large it is around 5 sq on 13st, so it will be not only fast but fun to work.
It is nice to have reserve designs, all tucked away, just waiting to be added to the wholesale line.
It is always fun to take another look at a design, you seem to appreciate it more when it has been out of sight for awhile. You look at with new eyes..... I have hundreds of designs filed away, and plan to add a little here and there......sometimes I make little changes, often in embellishments, because things just seem to disappear from the market.....and are hard to find. I like to keep my embellishments fresh and varied, not the formula packets that some companies supply. You can always fine something comparable, to replace a bead or do DA. The design is the most important part and should stand on it's own merits and not depend on one particular embellishment, because as I have found, vender's discontinue stock all the time. That seems to be life, change is constant , so you just have to roll with it...I have never had a canvas returned because of an embellishment change....people are much more flexible then they are given credit ...just an observation..

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

This is very very nice!!

pamelaric said...

Gail - Amazing design and certainly not dated at all. Just shows how classic your designs are. I can see it doing very well in it's rerelease. I'm also pleased to see that my LNS (The Busy Needle, Tucson) is on the list that carries your designs. Totally love your work. I purchased several of your designs on Ebay way back.
Pamela (HUGE fan from Tucson, Az)