Tuesday, December 28, 2010

You Never know what the day will Bring....

This year has been a hard one ... with changes , adjusting and all the small irritations that daily life can come up with....well it all was put into perspective today...my sweet husband had a mini stroke this morning and we rushed him to the local hospital...we are really blessed...no damage after a katz scan , MRI and tons of tests...he was almost normal when I left him tonight...he has more tests and and will be there for a couple of days ...they will adjust his blood pressure pills and have already started him on some new meds...
I know this happens all the time and everywhere to almost anyone...but when it is the person that you love more than life itself, it scares you so bad ..it is hard to express it in words....
so after all I guess this is a pretty lucky year...my cup is definitely half full.....
Ken has been such a rock for Squiggee Designs and for me in all my new ventures....he is a very important part of what I do...we are a team....
I just wanted all to know that we here in Squiggeeland are so thankful tonight....

7 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Hugs-Hugs-Hugs-Hugs!

I am so glad your husband is fine but I know it was a terrible scare. I hope you both are fine shortly (and take care of yourself--illness is almost harder on the healthy spouse as it is on the sick one).

Jane, waving from Chilly Hollow

NCPat said...

Echoing Jane.....tell Mr. Ken we are cheering for him....and you!

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Do remember that stress kills, and you've certainly had enough of it over the past two years. You are in a perfect geographic location for natural stress relief in the scenery around you - it's very soothing in it's beauty.

g said...

Jane, Pat and Judy...
I will give your sweet thoughts to Ken today....
hugs and kisses to you all
xoxoxox
gaily

ann70821 said...

I'm so happy to hear that all is as close to well as possible...you are both in my thoughts and prayers.

And remember to take care of yourself, too, during all of this.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that 'mini' was preliminary to 'stroke.' Not good, but much better than just 'stroke.' It sounds like he's getting very good care and is recovering nicely. I echo Ann in reminding you that care for yourself is very important as you care for your dear husband. My thoughts are with you both.

Nancy

picklemommy said...

I am delurking to say that you and your husband are both in my thoughts and prayers tonight. Best wishes and happy hospital bedside stitching.