Monday, March 28, 2011

March 28,1979.....xoxoxoxoxo

When all the world seems to be changing so fast and nothing seems to last...it is a real milestone to an old girl like myself to be celebrating her 32rd Wedding Anniversary
..We were married a weird time of year...the day was special because just one year before we had decided to live together and see if we could make our very off and on relationship work....our wedding cake was topped with an arrangement of real spring flowers, and Ken wore a hand embrroidered shirt with a Nauru collar that I had made for him myself...I had real short hair for the first time in my life and had an arrangement of red sweat heart roses and baby's breathe and I was in a baby blue silk blouse and long matching skirt...we looked like what we were ...two hippies getting married, minus my hair.....it was a warm sunny day and all the important people were at my best friends house to celebrate....the above photo from an old slide shows the little white Dodge Dart in the driveway of my family home, this was my fathers town car...he figured it was pretty safe from being stolen in DC and Baltimore where he did most of his business.... my father let me borrow the car ...Ken and I fell in love in this funny little car...that was in 1969....it wasn't till 1979 that we finally married...in between we did a lot of growing up ....the funny thing is all our friends and family said the marriage wouldn't last...lol...32 years is pretty good !....and I would not trade a day of it for all the tea in China...!

4 comments:

Timelesslady said...

I liked your post. My husband and I were also married on an odd day...mischief night...thirty-three years in October. I found your blog through a like movie on our profiles...the movie Tim.

g said...

The thought of marrying my husband on Halloween is scary......
lol...although a pumpkin shaped wedding cake would have been just us !!
Tim is wonderful....

LLCape said...

Best wishes, kids, for 50 more!. Gail, you are the worst speller on the planet! You need an assistant! L.

g said...

but I can paint...sticking out my tongue !!!