Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Process...

I get people asking all the time how I go about ceating a new design...well first I research ..I get a feel for an animal or other object...I look at photos and video sometimes...then my mind just takes over and designs it......when I get to the point where I have worked out the basic points ...I take pencil or pen and do a little doddle drawing......
then I just go for it and paint the canvas and after all has been worked out and it is locked down then I add that special embellishment that makes it a true squiggee design...and there you go...what surprizes most people is how much is worjked out in my mind beforehand...after all that is my best tool the old brain...lol...the rest is just practice and knowing the canvas and what it can do...
my brother -in-law in OK tells the funniest story of hearing an Armadillo in the backyard and getting his gun to shoot it...and not seeing it anywhere until her felt it lick his ankle...end game...the Armadillo won...as my brother -in-law had to rush into the house and take a shower...even being touched by one sends him into a fit...funny...I guess they sink and are not the cute little guys that an Eastern thinks of...but then again if a big NY rat licked me...a shower would be in order as well as a cocktail...yuck in the extreme...anyway...this little shaped Squiggee critter is called Augie Armadillo...and he does not stink !!!

No comments: