Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Tiny Tiny Tiny....

I have a rep for getting a lot in a small space...I paint on the stitch and make every stitch count....but then again ,even I have my limits...this design of the US Marine Corps Logo is on 18st and is 3.25" round to fit in a 3.35" round luggage tag....no lettering you say...well no...not enough stitches and certainly not in the round at this size..after all I am just a needlepoint designer not a wizard!!!!..a tip//// the smallest lettering on any size canvas...five up and three across...lol...the canvas sets the mode for lettering and you can't override it...I get silly requests all the time...a family rest on a belt...I can give you an illusion , but that is where it ends...
It is very flattering when customers/shops will assume I can do anything...and I will give it a try if possible...but I like any other working needlepoint artist , I take my cue from the size and the canvas...it is all about how many stitches are available...


No comments: