Sunday, September 29, 2013

For Those of Us That Can't Afford a $40,000.00 Tiffany Ring...

This is a model that almost didn't make it....Saundra and I worked it together.....she worked the background, and the inner background  surrounding the  ring  in black Very Velvet...she worked the ring and back it came to me...it just wasn't right ....Saundra and I agreed that the ring seemed flat  and needed something more... I thought beading  would  give it more presence....so I ripped out the ring and covered it in the Rainbow Gallery Ice and then proceeded to bead it on top....I used multiple beads...some crystal some pearlized and two silver beads....after I had finished I felt maybe I had done too much...so I left it on the table and went to bed....the next morning as I entered the living room...the ring looked real...lol...so off to the finisher it went and both Saundra and I are pleased with the end result....sometimes you just have to change direction to make a canvas work....this ring is beading over the top......I have found that most intense beading is a matter of the stitchers choice on how much or how little you need to do.... FYI I wasn't kidding a real oval Tiffany diamond was $40,000.00....a little out of Mr. Squiggee's price range....this little box is ..on 18st and 2" square and sitting on your dresser it looks real from across the room....just a bit of fun from Squiggeeland !

No comments: