Wednesday, November 18, 2015




The above cartoon I found on Facebook...too funny !! The Thanksgiving experience of cooking and all the rest seems to elude me as I get older. Eating those large meals and all that rich food just doesn't set well these days. Gravy is out...how sad is that...I mean gravy !.....When we were kids, gravy was a treat since my mother only made it for holidays and special occasions.
Frankly , her gravy lacked quality control, sometimes great, sometimes lumpy.  But tasty, and  always a treat.  Now, as an adult, my stomach tells me.. no way!  We eat small meals during the day,  small portions, just like you did when you were kids. If we go out and have an appetizer, then we end up taking the rest of the meal home in little doggie bags.
   When  you cut out your favorite foods, because you can no long digest them, a Holiday that depends on food loses it appeal. But being thankful still wins the day !
So many things change with age. I can't read anything without glasses, and this really gets up my nose. I wear bifocals and after a full day of painting and I lay down to sleep, I swear I feel like I am still wearing my glasses
      On the positive side, my sense of humor seems to remain intact, and my ability to roll with life' s little trials and tribulations  seems to keep me positive and happy. Change can be good or dark.....I like to look at the big picture. I haven't lost my marbles, my husband still thinks I'm hot and I can still work, so no gravy,and other goodies....life is still good and although , the world can be hard and sometimes unfair  , you have to just suck it up  and look on the positive side. Luckily good outweighs the bad in life. The information highway seems to focus on the negative.  People ready to help with bad news by  posting, tweeting and God forbid, taking selfies to be noticed. Some people don't seem to be able to function well in a 
world without being plugged in.   All the hi tech n the is not going to improve the quality of your life. Unplug yourself , take a walk and engage face to face with a living breathing person.
      Take a leaf out of the Turkey chilling....enjoy the right now, tomorrow will take care of itself
xoxoxoxox
Squiggee

No comments: