Thursday, October 2, 2008

A Special Squiggee...!



A couple of days ago I got an email from my sister in Seattle and attached was a picture of all the different cancer awareness ribbons...all denoting a different type of cancer and all in special colors....Like most women, we are very aware of the pink ribbon for breast cancer....but frankly I had never seen , all the different colored ribbons represented..... a thought..Squiggee should do something to promote awareness of all types of cancer.....So , we here in Squiggeeland decided to offer a little T-shirt, that a stitcher could customize, by picking the ribbon color that is closest to her heart, and also add a name or sentiment such as love , hope or a name of someone special...the name I used as a sample , is one of my best friends , from childhood...she is a breast cancer survivor of 14 years. I thought these little T-shirts in needlepoint would generate interest in all types of this terrible disease..... like Mrs. Santa doing her bit towards heart research, Squiggee Designs will donate 30% of each T-shirt to the Cure for Cancer.


Today I received a very sweet thank from the American Heart Association, for a donation that Mrs. Santa made possible. It was very touching to be thanked in such a personal way....and I would like to pass on a thank you to the ladies who have bought Mr. Santa.....

A very heart felt thank you from Squiggee Designs.


1 comment:

NCPat said...

What a thoughtful thing to doQ