Monday, October 6, 2008

Squiggee's Stash...


Now Squiggee Designs is in the business of designing ,painting and adding embellishments to
the needlepoint canvas....
Now ,what started out as a novel idea, using a little paw print brass charm, to add a little zip to a design, has slowly , or maybe not so slowly, picked up steam....not the stash of fibers and secret canvases, that you buy on the sly and hide from the hubby, because after all, most men don't understand, that warm secure felling, of having more canvases ,than you will ever be able to work in a lifetime..lol..it is like shoes, you can always have need another pair...even though, you only have two feet ...it would make more sense if you were a centipede to a man.......
well.... Squiggee is always on the hunt for embellishments, boxes ,have turned into carts with draws...every little do das you might ever need for any design...I buy the embellishments and then I design, and like stitchers , I go into my stash and see if I have anything that just sings out for that canvas...
so when I found these headbands,I bought last year, with an idea of making something fun for
two of my nieces, I thought, I probably have enough in my stash to spare...what a joke...
I have enough to just go wild, like being in a craft store after hours and having all the supplies at hand...
now .... the girls , 10 and 13, might not wear these Halloween headbands...who knows...it will make then laugh and they will know that I took the time to create something unique, just for them......
I will include a card of the Squiggee modeling one...that will make them laugh...
I have always designed costumes from time to time...I don't have much time these days to just have fun with handwork...but the other night I did so enjoy messing around in all the Squiggee stuff.....and it wouldn't surprise me, that Christmas headbands, might just be in the future for the girls...and if the girls think it is too strange, I always have Squiggee and her sister Miss Bubbles, that would love one...lol...as you can see in the picture, Squiggee looks in pain...and is very Halloweenie ghostie since she is getting gray...my god..between the two dogs , my husband and myself..... we are becoming a sea of gray...although my hairdresser takes care of me...
anyway, I thought you would like to see another side of Squiggee......strange, you say..
for sure...for sure...

1 comment:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

The headbands are darling. Or is it the dog modeling them?

So hard when the supermodels show off stuff to know how it looks in real life!

Give the dog a cookie from me, ok?

Jane, charmed in CH