Monday, February 2, 2009

Off To Maine



The two Squiggee pals blasted off to Maine this Morning...I talked to the finisher this morning
about them...she is so funny and is now on speed dial...I felt like a mother this morning sending my children off to camp....and can't wait for their return....The Stitchery in Camden, Maine is fast becoming and very important part of the Squiggee family.....frankly...I get a real kick out of getting the pieces back.... all put together and perfect!!!This aspect of needlepoint is so new to me....stitching models, trying new fibers and actually thinking about how I want a piece finished....in the end, I think you should always, bow to that fact, that your finisher is the professional and leave the final decision to her...you get a better finished product......when I design and paint custom work, the customer always gets my best ,when they in turn, respect that I am a professional......just a thought...it is late and I always get very philosophical at this time of night...lol...the total prince frog will get stuffed and the 10st rollie will be amazing when he returns......faster ! faster ! .....I am yelling....OMG...just like all the other needlepointers...yikes

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

You are very fortunate to have found this finisher! Some of them have to be screamed at to keep them from piling ribbons and fake flowers and furry things hanging off them that obliterate the needlepoint - there is overkill in finishing these days, as well as in stitching. Really competent finishers with good taste aren't easy to find any more.

g said...

you go girl...you got that right!!...
xoxoxoxox
g