Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Dog in a glass..!

Just when you think you have painted one of every conceivable design in needlepoint...then up pops a Labrador in a martini glass with his trusty olive...OK..I love dogs and martinis ...so what is not to like....you just wonder what popped into someones head ...a dog in a glass..??????...I guess this is better than A Chihuahua in a blender....or a Rat in a juicer...and certainly not Turtles in a wide toaster...A CHIHUASHAKE.....RAT JUICE..OR TURTLE TOAST...OMG...A NEW SERIES...my husband is always joking about road kill, in the crock-pot..and how the tire marks give it a smokey taste....he is so strange sometimes..it is scary !
just kidding ... the extremes that designers go to , just to be noticed, never thinking that maybe it is just too strange....sometimes you just want a nice normal grilled cheese sandwich.....not braised skunk with prosciutto,goat cheese one a organic oatmeal bun with fennel seed dressing on the side....food has gotten so strange , some of it just plain scars me !......

the NY Sunday Times
ran a magazine on high fashion a couple of weeks ago...fascinating...great stuff if you are stuck on what to be for Halloween...but real life....we live in rural PA farm country and it just wouldn't fly at the local market....the only positive thing...remember when you were a child and you would dress yourself in the most inappropriate outfits... A mis-matched mess.......well today, that same outfit is very couture........one model...my own personal favorite ...had big plastic balls embedded in this wild reach for the sky hair-dooo......frankly most the the models looked like they has shopped in a dumpster...but to be honest, it wasn't boring............ a few weeks later the men's side of couture..at least I thought they were men...very young thin... in some of the most bazaar hair cuts.....each model sporting very expensive shoes of all types and no socks...my mother always told me to never get in a car with a man that is wearing dress shoes , a suit and no socks.....works for me...........A rule to this day I have never broken...or will.....lets face it men even wear socks with dress shoes when they are buried...right....I couldn't get past the no socks, so the whole magazine was a wash....I am at the age now when I don't spend time on things that are clearly beyond explanation...no time to waste...
It does however make me laugh...when I was in college, on more than one occasion, my father would look up from his paper , give me a glance ..and ask..."just what are you going as today, and where did you find that costume ?".....this period of time ,I was at art school & college in the late 60's ...enough said...sign of the time...I guess I am just getting old...I use to be cutting edge in my day.......I am sure my parents at that time, thought I too shopped in a dumpster...lol

No comments: