Thursday, April 15, 2010

Just When You Thought It Was Safe to go to NYC !




A friend emailed me this ad and asked If I had seen it......NO !!!! I looked on the web and no information ...so being a Washingtonian , Bethesda Chevy Chase Girl , I called the store....I was connected to a very pleasant young man, that was more than willing to answer some of my questions....Apparently, it was just a one off, and all of the 24 kits for $995.00 , but one was gone...Did I want the last kit ????...Well I said, who was the Needlepoint Expert, ....no name was forth coming, only that she was a young woman in the city and an expert.......all the ladies there at the event in the store , were able to have a consultation with this expert today......you could have your little Kittie's face on your bag ..!!! he remarked.......this expert would work the whole thing for you...What price I said for this expert ????...he responded... that that was between you and the artist.........so you not only have spent $995.00 on this crappy kit with ugly fibers, but now you have some expert that no one can put a name to... maybe she wears a mask and cape....to design your bag and work it...and at a reasonable price...????? do you think !!!...all you have to have is not a lick of sense, and a fat wallet and a husband that won't have you committed....after all the very rich don't actually want to work the needlepoint, just be able to show the finish project and tell their friends.......isn't this defeating the whole purpose of the five needles and three thimbles......seeeeeee my offer to come to my house and I design you a bag was not far off...but naive me, thought that the women would want to work it themselves....after all it is a kit...... if this young woman was truly a world class renowned Needlepoint Expert don't you think Bergies would have advertised her name?????...come on people, reality break...........I did forget to ask if the expert was going to supply different colors of fiber...after all the kit had coddie colors and we wouldn't want your little kitty face not to be perfect........don't get me wrong I like kitties....but Fendi-Kitty bag....is just wrong....but the woman doing this have to have a little cheese coming off their cracker in the first place....you can just picture , an opening night at the Met...just you in you mink designer outfit from head to foot and your needlepoint Fendi bag with your little Kitty looking up at you.........the whole thing is just so bizarre in the extreme

the young man at the NYC Berdorf Goodman, said that it was too bad i wasn't there today , it was just too much fun...no doubt.....One plus ...they were very polite at the 5Th Ave store on the phone...

well if I ever get hard up for work I guess I an always hang around NYC department stores and

pick up business........what a hoot...

while i was looking for info on this event on the web I came across Jimmy Choo's newest shoe....only 1245.00 this is also bizarre...just the thing to wear to the dollar store here in rural PA..............................sorry Fendi and Jimmy...but you are in a world of your own............
FYI...my husband just remarked that the less affluent could use some hoot couture at the local Dollar Store...ummmmmm maybe I will just have to get a plastic tote bag sign it and offer class on gluing a little needlepoint design...this is no more bizarre than the above and would be oh so much cheaper so you could get one kit for each of your friends.......scary !

2 comments:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Sometimes I wonder if this is just an exercise in seeing how really stupid and gullible people are. The shoe, as well as the bags is hideous -not to speak of the price. I wonder what earrings would look nice with those shoes?

g said...

Judy...I am sure I can come up with the whole outfit...lol..I saw some scary stuff yesterday while trolling on the web...
so i guess you don't want the last bag at Bergies ?
xoxoxoxoxo
g