Thursday, June 10, 2010

All Aboard Matey !

With schools out and everyone planning a get-a-way.....it makes sense to have a project to work on for the boat...while on the boat...I am just guessing , but these two signal flag designs I just painted look like they would be a great project for the summer...the are 8.5" high on 13st...plenty of color blocks for some fun stitches....I have always been a fan of the signal flag....one of the first custom belts I ever painted some 35 years ago was a signal flag belt spelling out a man's name with a middle int....it was hard at the time...today i could paint it in my sleep....
these two pillows make me miss spending my time near the water all summer....instead I will spend this summer in the studio getting ready for the fall and winter trade shows.......right now I am trying with all my might to catch up on some custom work......I am painting a Christmas stocking now...so you know it must be getting close to July...lol....I am one of the few people that think of Christmas all summer....
Omar saw his first deer today...a little fawn in the back yard ..he was just amazed and stood so still ...the fawn even started his way when a car made a noise passing and the fawn got spooked...Omar was just fascinated....the fawn was so sweet and disappeared back into the hollow wear his mom was waiting.......too sweet



No comments: