Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's All About making It Your Own !

When I go about working a Squiggee canvas for a model....I use the same approach that any stitcher would use...make it your own without losing the feel of the basic design....jazz it up...calm it down...and in some cases like, I have done with the little blue snowflake mitten ,I am sure many Squiggee stitchers , change the embellishments....for me it is all about showing the design in it's best light and perhaps allowing another stitcher an option.....I don't get too fancy with stitches, because frankly that can kill a small design faster than anything......As the designer I want you to notice the design....... I love to change colors and to use a combination of textures in fibers and yes always a little bling...Squiggee just loves the bling....these two mittens along with a round Santa and two little sweaters are off to the finisher...I had them all laid out together this morning and they would look nice on a tree...i think it is the introduction of all the festive fibers that have made ornaments much more viable for the tree , they now mix well with the glass ornaments.....
sadly these will never see my tree...they will go out and about as display models...

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

These are great!! Both design and stitching. You are so right about too many fancy stitches - they suffocate and destroy a pattern that would otherwise be charming.