Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Never a dull moment !


I have been having a clear out and reorganisation the last couple of months in the studio and office............................................... all the commotion of having another distributor and getting her all set up ..left the studio and office in a terrible state of mess....so I decided as I do periodically to reorganize and get rid of ballast.....photos are a big part of my business and since i have always had a camera on hand , I have taken personal photos too, and these were also in a terrible mess...so after reorganizing the Squiggee and gcHendrix photos, I liked the format so I thought this would also work for the personal photos.....some photos bring back sad memories , liked dogs and loved ones that are gone from us....and then others make you laugh and recall some crazy times....a big one was a weekend that some of my dearest friends , one brought their new adopted daughter from Russia, along with their first daughter adopted three years before...friends from NYC that were back from an overs seas tour for the Bronx Zoo and the local girls from the surrounding farms.....all in all eight girls from 18months to 14....I had planned a fashion show / tea party...grilled hot dogs later and all the fun that the kids could handle....I had on ready a collection of used hats and dresses, tulle skirts, i had made...high heels and more junk jewelery and purses found in thrift store and neighbors...my supply of hair clips and hair stuff... all this laid out for the girls to go wild...after which there would be a photo shoot......now granted our house is small...but eight screaming , giggling crazy laughing girls ,with the addition of two boys...three dogs and 6 women...by the time my husband got home from work , the place looked like a massive hurricane had hit...out of control.......it went way beyond mess !!! messola in the extreme!
then the girls decided to give my husband a makeover...they swarmed and made busy attaching all the hair stuff to his hair, beard and his very generous size ears..lol...(a bonus)....what fun and I am so glad i took pictures....the girls now range from 13 to 24 years old...the oldest has a little boy of her own called Miles and Tiffy the second oldest now 22 and expecting her first child , a boy also....time does fly by...we never had children , but you would never know it by looking at all the pictures of all the kids that have graced this house over the years......they were always welcome and I tried to make things fun......my mother was a stay at home Mom...and my childhood was just fun , fun , fun on our off hours from school....my mother was inventive and creative and our house was always filled with kids and our birthdays, being known for a theme party were the hottest invites in town...the best I remember was a Hula party....it was so much fun that kids in my class at grade school , always brought it up when a party was mentioned....my mother outdid herself...I remember her making flowers out of tissue paper for weeks before the party.....their was a massive party store in the suburbs that knew my mother by name...as did the local craft store...now people have a party planner, not the same...there was no formula to my mothers parties ......just her imagination...something that kids need more of and less computer in my opinion...

No comments: