Thursday, September 16, 2010

Spooky Eyes !



I paint a lot of dogs...full breeds and mutts.....I love dogs and when I paint a dog portrait I seem to get the dog...I always start with the eyes...this sets the tone, and helps express just what the dog is...most dogs are just like people.....each eye is unique...but this pooch had a little more game to him...two different eye colors...it was just maybe like.......he had a person trapped inside looking out the pale blue eye.....spooky was all I could think of while painting this very distinguished pooch...he is very dignified ...not like the next pooch that I am scheduled to paint...he has his tongue hanging out with a wild look in his eyes....
I do find animals so much more interesting than people to paint...maybe because I like fur coats...
how wonderful to have your own built in...lol...but I find especially in dogs , a gentle sole , a kind spirit that always shines in their portraits.....

1 comment:

Possibilities, Etc. said...

Siberian Huskies have the eyes that are two colors. There is a rarer one with both eyes being blue - I used to have one, and loved her dearly.