Saturday, April 2, 2011

Sometimes Life is A Hoot !

Before each show there is always a buzz of activity...we usually send out an email letting shops know where we will be...hotel room for Cash and carry or booth for the bigger shows.......so we hear back from lots of people and new people that have just started to purchase Squiggee Designs, and are curious as to what we can do besides the wholesale designs....well my personal assistant, Ken..my husband, reads and answers tons of emails for me, and we consult when I have to answer about a designing question...but on the whole ,he has formed a marvelous re pour with the shops and knows almost all there is to know about Squiggeeland......yesterday he told me the funniest story ,of a rumor that circulated when I left my first distributor and branched out and started to really push Squiggee Designs...rumor has it that I had stopped painting and was starting a family......I almost died laughing....this rumor circulated around 2008 ....well this July I will be 61 years old...so that would have made my plans to start having babies , putting me at 58 ....my God....that is just too funny for words...Granny Mom...that is so not me...I know movie stars do this sort of thing all the time....but really...how insane would that make me ...... I would now have a two year old, if any of the really old eggs had managed to be revived after I had already completed metophase in my early 50's...neat trick... the thought is like a bad soap opera....... too scary for words...it was all I could do this last year to raise yet again another puppy...this almost did me in..you forget... I find it just funny as hell to hear something about yourself that is totally absurd... I wonder what other silly stories are floating around.....I know I have had many changes the last couple of years....more changes than I needed, but just had to be.........but just for the record, I am still cooking on all burners for the moment and have not lost my mind, become a nun or brain surgeon, discovered the cure for wrinkles and i am not planning to jump out of a plane to celebrate my next birthday and having old joints .........life is a hoot !

No comments: