Thursday, June 2, 2011

Cows verse the Deer

The strangest thing happened the other morning while I was sitting in bed looking out the windows cow watching......these are not the sweet fat dairy cows we use to see in rural PA... these are the steers headed for that big McDonaldland round-up...you know hamburger on the hoof......
well in one end of our pasture that butts up to the cow field I see these two sweet young deer with their little white tails just trotting along and they jump the fence and land smack down in the cow pasture....all of a sudden you see the cows braking into a run and chase the deer literally out of the pasture ...I mean these cows were like a street gang that you see in New York chasing a rival gang out of their hood...who knew that cows could be so aggressive.....we are in a strange land out here in the west...good thing the cows weren't strapped...it would have been a real western shoot-out......then everyone would be headed to McDonald's.....I know this is kind of black humor....... I would be the first to turn vegetarian if I had to raise and kill my own hamburger.....I can throw crabs and lobster into a boiling pot, without even a second thought other than how yummy they will be...but anything with fur or big limpid eyes that is another thing all together....
All I can say is that these cows were jumping bad!...a Mr. Squiggee Expression...lol...for real !

No comments: