Tuesday, June 14, 2011

What a hoot !

Some people like the whole bird ...others like the little silly round Squiggee birds with feathers...and then there are the hard core that like to get to the meat of things....
Owls can be cute... they are definitely graphic in their appearance and have a certain mystery about them , mainly from the eyes...I have painted many owls and they always seem to stare back...spooky....this pose with just one eye really penetrates you...when I finished and was walking around the studio, he seem to be following me around the room...time to pack this puppy up and mail him out....
I can give myself a chill when I even think about the movies "The Birds"......can you imagine six of these owls waiting for you in a dark room..yikes.....lol...
anyway...the canvas is on 13st and is 8 x 10".....at least he wasn't a parrot...now we are talking scary...a bird in a clown suit...God I hate clowns....they scare me....nothing funny or cute....
OK...so Squiggee is not normal....isn't their a saying.." the whole world loves a Clown"....even as a kid they worried me... at the circus the when they all spill out of a little car...I would have to close my eyes...lol

3 comments:

Judy said...

I love this owl!!! Beautiful work.

g said...

cool...thank you...
xoxoxoxoxo
g

LIZ said...

Gorgeous owl! Wish I could see him stitched.