Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cactus Shoot !







Sometimes my camera just craves to take a picture of something that doesn't have holes in it...so this morning bright and early I took it out on a Cactus shoot....the cactus here are amazing....and I got a friend to tell me what kind I shot...she knows everything ...so I picked her brains early...Mr. Squiggee has some more on his blog so take a look....

the first picture above is right on the left side of our house...they are the tallest cactus and some of the big hills are just loaded with these, giving it a very different look from the East coast....

the are Saguaro (g pronounced w cactus)...like great big people with many arms....and the bottom picture is one of many varieties of Prickly Pear cactus...in full bloom..that is the fruit you see...they do all kinds of stuff with it...

anyway...I am in love within the cacti............and might even do a painting...oh my...non-needlepoint ...think of it...yikes.............

anyway...check out Mr. Squiggee's blog he is on a tear today...lol...warning ...warning everybody to get from street

No comments: