Monday, August 15, 2011

Halloween Is Just Around The Corner !

To be honest...I think Halloween is my all time favorite holiday...it will be so strange living in an area where you won't smell the fireplaces , the nip in the air, the rustling of the leaves and the crunching when you step into the street on Halloween eve....when I was a kid this night was the biggest...bigger than Christmas....something about the spooky sky and being in costume made me shiver all over...
so when I look at a calendar and see that August is half over, my thoughts always turn to Halloween....
I have some new designs under wraps...which is always fun...and it is always best to burst forth when you have several, rather than the odd one canvas...Mrs. Frank Stein might even get a family this season...she has been lonely, but for the companion ,My Mummy, in the series...sometimes you get side tracked...but I have plans for the Stein family...lol
As promised a new Halloween Gingerbread house will be revealed...but right now it is off to be worked as a model...
I do sketches all the time when I have an idea, but time seems to be the enemy...now if I didn't have to sleep, I could get more done....today was filled with phone calls and one from a new shop owner...nice to see a new shop, as many older shop owners are retiring and closing their doors......without shops and the general public that purchase needlepoint I would just be some sad old lady designing shit that never goes anywhere...lol...anyway,it was nice to hear from a newbie....we laughed and had great fun talking about our dogs and her shop...
you know, you think you are strange because your dogs are a big part of your life...non-dog owners don't see it...this new shop owner told me how her friend had a Boston...and every Christmas they would put out the toy train around the bottom of their tree and load it with the dog's presents and watch the Boston chase the train and remove his gifts...and people say I am strange...lol....what a great visual I got from this story....so off to bed...early...our hours are all messed up...it is so hot you go to bed early so you can get a start on the day before the sun forces you to just call it quits...usually around 4:00pm...it is just sooooooo hot...
we haven't quite figured out how to drink gallons of water and not have to get up many times during the night...in a dry hot dessert climate, they really stress you drinking a lot of water...but I guess we will adjust..or not...I have tried to stop drinking in the early afternoon, but have awakened with no spit...really no spit...and when you are in spitting distance to so many things this is a problem...lol...just a little southwest humor !














No comments: