Monday, August 2, 2010

Bubbles and Squeek


From the Beginning of Squiggee has been known for tiny little gingerbread houses...I wanted the houses to be tiny and just fun and one piece to keep the finishing simple and inexpensive..... I was asked to designa little custom shop for the Needlepointer in Everett WA with the stores name on it....then a village to go with the shop....this was an interesting custom project, I hadn't designed a village before....It has made me think of doing new villages for the Squiggee line...gingerbread but related to each other...I have a barn and the next house I will add ,a little farm house , then maybe a general store.....the same with the Thatched cottage...I was thinking a pub and maybe an old curiosity shop....
this is the whole point of an artist....the fun part...you never know where a design will lead to....your interests change and I go off in different directions all the time....
I just designed a custom football stadium ...shaped in little house form...very different pattern because you look down into the stadium....the pattern was tricky, but this certainly stretches your imagination....
FYI.....the Needlepointer's Village was designed under the name Bubbles and Squeek....I thought this was a great name for villages....but too confusing I think...this was a custom village....but other such villages or related houses will be under Squiggee.....it is always nice to design under another name ...it gives you a look at how things are received, not using your name, just based on your designs....
so look forward to new shapes and themes....as it stands now we here in Squiggeeland just love the little houses.........

2 comments:

pamelaric said...

And if anyone wants to see and purchase these little jewels, all you have to do is go to Pocket Full of Stitches. This link to their blog helps: http://pocketfullofstitches.blogspot.com/2010/07/gingerbread-houses.html
Pamela
Tucson

barbi said...

I am doing the Village thru The Needlepointer. They are absolutely adorable!!! Can't wait to see more of your tiny gems!! Thanks so much!! Barbi