Friday, July 6, 2012

Judy Harper

Today is Judy's birthday....she has been gone over a year ....she passed away in March 2011 after struggling with bad health for years....she was a trooper and a valued friend...she and she alone is responsible for this blog and helping Squiggee get on with models and advancing our designs in the market place...she was a well of information and always was willing to listen to my concerns and was so helpful in letting me know about new fibers and techniques....
Judy told me early on that I needed a blog, to make me more human and get in touch with the stitching public....I told her that who would want to listen to me...I am not a professional stitcher just a working needlepoint artist...but she convinced me to give it a chance and she was right ...I enjoy sharing what I paint and design and also what happens in my life...I like everyone else has an everyday existence that is filled with all the things that we all have to cope with...
Squiggee has grown by leaps and bounds over the last two years and whenever we have a triumph or a bad patch I always think of Judy..I miss someone that really understood the business good and bad...above are three models Judy worked for Squiggee...They are very special a part of my company...I do miss this very talented knowing woman...

1 comment:

mskathk said...

I remember her blog, and miss her wisdom.
Thanks for commemorating her presence on this earth and her contribution to needlepoint.